Sunday 16 January 2011

Bad Week

I've had one of those week's which make it damn near impossible to stay positive. I hit a slump and picking myself back up is easier said than done. Saying that though, I know when I think about it that there was a lot of good stuff went on this week, I just find it hard to remember!

My hubby bought me a subscription to Metal Hammer magazine for Christmas and the first issue arrived this week, which has meant as well as having my head in a book every spare minute I've spent some of it with my head in the magazine, planning album purchases and adding to my gig wish list!

I also read the best book I've read in a few years. It was just so thrilling, tense and a perfect getaway from how I was feeling. The book was Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K Hamilton, the first book in the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series. I'd say if you enjoy paranormal fiction this is going to blow your mind!

Hubby and I went to visit my sister and her husband, was really nice to get out of Bristol for the day, and there's something about driving that helps me switch my head off, whatever mood I'm in. I actually laughed, stupid couldn't control it laughing, just what I needed when I was feeling so low.

However, despite good things happening, I had a night full of nightmares last night and have had a migraine all day today. I really want to go and cook to try and boost my mood, but I'm so tired and in so much pain, not to mention having issues with my eyes! I'm just not sure using sharp knives and a hot cooker is a particularly good idea!

I think I'm going to have a soak in the bath, read my book and be naughty and order food in tonight. I don't do it too often, we can't really afford it, but doesn't hurt now and again does it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add your voice to the Bright Side Diaries: