Sunday 9 January 2011

Food Glorious Food

One of the things that can pick me up is cooking. My biggest problem is that if I'm in a slump I have trouble motivating myself to actually start cooking. Well today, I needed that boost so I somehow managed to motivate myself into the kitchen and cooked up this gourmet cuisine...

It's Oozy Mushroom Risotto and a Spinach Salad, both recipes taken from my copy of Jamie's 30 Minute Meals. Aside from tasting fantastic, the actual process of cooking really helped me get my head back into a place where I could function today, which it really wasn't when I got up this morning!

I'm not sure exactly what it is about cooking that I find therapeutic, maybe it's being let loose with a sharp knife, maybe it's seeing all these fantastic flavours and colours come together from pretty basic and often boring ingredients. Picking Risotto was probably not the brightest idea I've had however, normally me and Risotto don't mix, i.e. this is the first time I've ever made an edible Risotto! Not sure why, I can normally cook pretty much anything I put my hand to, it doesn't always look good but it normally tastes pretty good. But Risotto is one of those I've always struggled with, today though, the Risotto God's were smiling down on me and I managed to put together a fantastic dish that was not only really tasty, but gave me a bit of a boost out of my depressive slump.

Now I just need to maintain the upward trajectory!

Until next time, this is Bright Side Girl signing out, and actually feeling a sense of positive achievement!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm, looks gorgeous! One of my goals this year is to cook more because it has the same effect on me. Maybe it's the gorgous smells?

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to add your voice to the Bright Side Diaries: